Wednesday, April 20, 2011

BACK WHEN IT STARTED

Back in 2005 we had our house remodeled. We moved almost everything from our house to storage containers, and we lived very minimally until the house was finished (the contractor said it was finished we have a different opinion,but that's a blog for a different day) We never really moved everything back into the house,it never got organized,it was what it was. Partly because of the disappointment from picking the worse contractor in the world and partly from being totally lazy and #1 excuse not enough hours in the day. A few months later my 80-year-old mother moved in with us along with almost everything from her house.You guessed it,that never got organized. Then last Nov. my mother passed away. Along with all the other excuses I was mourning for the loss of my mother .So there everything sits,until five days ago. I woke up with an epiphany. I don't have to live this way any longer and most importantly I DON'T have to keep everything. Tomorrow you get to see my daughters' room. Hope you have a strong stomach.

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! It will make you feel so empowered to have controll of your life back. I liked your friends comment about giving stuff to a charity. It always makes it much easier for me to "dejunk" (i.e. get rid of things I am sentimental about) if I think it's going to someone else who needs it and will possibly love it as much as me!! Please keep us posted :-)

    ReplyDelete